Sunday, August 28, 2011

Catch Up

Summer is almost over so I have been trying to get as much playing in as possible. I spent most of August neglecting this blog and visiting family in California. We took a vacation within a vacation which means while in California, we went to Yosemite. My first time!


The best way to describe Yosemite is to share this quote by John Muir, one of the great explorers of the Yosemite Valley.

Oh John, you poet.


This is the view of the valley right after you drive through the long mountain tunnel.
My only complaint is that there is no sign saying "WELCOME TO YOSEMITE!"
- but I guess with a view like this who needs one?!


This is one of the many waterfalls to visit.



This rock garden was one of my favorite things. Who spent the time to do this?!



This spot is called Mirror Lake


The trip would not be complete with out your classic cheesy souvenir...with my name on it!
I will think of Yosemite every time I am in need of a mug.

Oh the memories - best Family Camping Photo ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...